BlackMagicNoize
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
BlackMagicNoize

HipHop and Art Discussion

You are not connected. Please login or register

Powering outdoor stages with generators

Go down  Message [Page 1 of 1]

1Powering outdoor stages with generators Empty Powering outdoor stages with generators Wed Jan 04, 2012 2:33 am

DUBS

DUBS
Admin

Last year the stage was shut down every half hour or more because of generator issues. Due to lack of planning and lack of resources we used what we had. This year will be much different. Bigger in many senses, louder and of course more costly.....

SO lets educate ourselves and do this shit the right way. I would like to use this topic to try and do the math for all our equipment or at least get it into everyone's mind that we will need to know exactly how much power we are using with our decks/laptops vs our speakers/amps. I would like to use two generators this year. One for running the equipment that uses the most power and is effected the most by power fluctuation. The second for running small turntables/laptops/mpc and other shit.

Here are some pages I found that gave me a small understanding of how we need to approach this and I am more then confident that we will make it happen. If you find anymore information about this topic please post the shit up!

Generator size for sound systems

AC power explained

https://blackmagicnoize.board-directory.net

Back to top  Message [Page 1 of 1]

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum